Info-Explorer, from Orchid Systems, is a versatile, multi-purpose, multi-dimensional tool that provides two different but related functions:
- Analyze and explore your Sage 300 accounting data and other data - easy to use Business Intelligence
Prepare Budgets and Forecasts more easily and quickly, and in greater detail.
This delivers in-depth insight into your true business performance, in analyzing current data without the limitations of spreadsheets. When used for Budget preparation it enables you to review and fine tune your budget projections with all the advantages of multi-dimensional analysis and instant roll up/consolidation within the same tool.
Use Info-Explorer just for its analysis power, or to power your budget too with the advantage of budget write back to your Sage 300 database.
Liberation from the Limitations of Spreadsheets
Using Info-Explorer, the limitations of spreadsheets are eliminated: faulty data and formulae, different and obsolete versions, error-prone and manual consolidation, potential for error. Data for analysis feeds from your database with background in-memory processing. The data is system-generated, giving you confidence in its accuracy, with teams confident they are reviewing the same data, budgeting too, and with consolidation an automated process.
Because the raw data for analysis is not controlled by the user, error protection is enhanced. With a familiar spreadsheet-type layout, Info-Explorer combines the ease of use of spreadsheets without the inherent weaknesses.
Analysis with User Friendly Business Intelligence
Info-Explorer helps address the following common issues experienced by many businesses today:
- Lack of accurate and timely information, resulting in guesswork and poor decision making.
- Information overload - too much to analyze easily.
- Key operational data not available for easy analysis.
- Time consuming and inefficient processes to prepare/extract data.
- Over reliance on spreadsheets, with their varied risks of error.
- Business and productivity monitored using intuition and not operational metrics and targeted financial outcomes.
For example, look at daily sales results, or change the time period, compare with budget and pull in specific regions, employees, products to better understand the data. And drill down to data entry screens for full detail, or keep it high level.
Unlike static, two-dimensional reports, Info-Explorer provides a core of information where the user dynamically controls the view:
Add, remove, and change what you show.
See it at once.
No need to run additional Reports.
Can include data from other databases.
It is easy to be overwhelmed by the volume of data in your system, with a limit to the number of reports we can manage. Using Info-Explorer you have many views from a single cube - instead of needing multiple reports to review and compare. It gives you information self-service. Filter your data, look at it in different ways, add and remove facts and dimensions to show more detail or focus on high level results, so that you better understand the trends.
Using Info-Explorer for budgeting you can budget in more detail, beyond the GL level, such as Sales by Representative and Product Group or Customer or month. With multiple spread methods, insert a total and Info-Explorer can populate the build-up of this total, or maybe add 10% to a total. This gives a faster option to develop your budget - building from the detail, yet freed from the limitations of spreadsheets.
Traditionally, budgeting uses spreadsheets, to import Actuals and previous Budgets, work on them, and export/import the results back to the accounting system. This makes it hard to analyze, slice and dice results, having to manage and manipulate spreadsheet data.
With Info-Explorer you have a single interface for both budgeting and analysis, with budget figures saved to the underlying Sage 300 database using the Info-Explorer Write Back feature. This gives the user the immense analysis power of accessible Business Intelligence, normally available only to very large companies.
Click any image below for a larger view, play images as a slideshow or use the Prev/Next/thumbnail buttons....
Protect A Bed's Anneke Chamy talking about Orchid's Info Explorer
DataQuest's Mark Binkley on Orchid's Info Explorer Module for
Sage 300 ERP (Accpac)
Robert Lavery & Associates' Robert Lavery on Orchid's Info Explorer Module for
Sage 300 ERP (Accpac)
Robert Lavery & Associates' Robert Lavery on Orchid's Information Manager Suite for
Sage 300 ERP (Accpac)
What End Users are saying about Orchid's Modules for
Sage 300 ERP (Accpac)
- Reduce costs and improve productivity with better information.
- Make key business information easily available, resulting in better decision making.
- Improve customer service and loyalty through better customer insight.
- Gain visibility to potential problem areas, report Operational Analytics.
- Faster Budget preparation.
- Budget with greater insight, slicing & dicing both actual and budget.
- Budget in greater detail, with greater granularity.
- Eliminate multiple budget spreadsheets & obsolete data.
- Increase confidence in the accuracy of your data and reduced risk of error.
- Free the IT Department from routine reporting issues.
- Real time - analyze your data in real time, "slice and dice," with drilldown to Sage 300 data entry screens.
- Include external data - from other application databases (SQL & ODBC), e.g. CRM data.
- Calculations include user defined calculations on cube data.
- Versatile, economical, flexible:
- From one cube - create and save multiple Views.
- From single View create and save multiple Charts.
- Dashboards - create your own, based on views and charts.
- Easy formatting - create your own styles to highlight results e.g. "traffic light" reporting.
- Different users can choose their own input format for budget numbers.
- Standard cubes included for GL, AR, AP, OE/Sales Analysis, PJC, RMA, Budgets, US & Canadian Payroll, Inventory Control, Purchase Orders to simplify getting started and as the basis for your own cubes; works on or off-line.
- Export Views to Microsoft Excelฎ, CSV and HTML.
- Automate it, optionally schedule and distribute cube extracts with Orchid's Process Scheduler module.
Info-Explorer is intuitive and easy to use, with sample cubes provided. For new cubes, some set up is required to prepare required data for the cube.
Info-Explorer allows you to summarize, drill down into and filter your Sage 300 data in real time, including budget figures, giving you a clear insight into your business operations and planning, helping you make the right decision, every time.
Unlike spreadsheets, there is no need to insert, cut, paste and check formulae and any links or deleted columns. This easy manipulation of information is made possible because huge amounts of data are summarised in the background for easy analysis. In-memory technology ensures fast results. Info-Explorer allows easy changing of views without the dangers of spreadsheets or needing spreadsheet knowledge.
You can use Info-Explorer to analyse sales, financial results, costs, inventory, purchasing and supply chain, operations, manufacturing, customer service and more, simply changing dimensions, e.g. product, customer, region, period, employee, etc, for clearer insight. Use Info- Explorer for alerts and investigative analysis, your own detective tool.
You can prepare budgets, forecasts, models in Info-Explorer in detail, then review the results - in the same tool, with up to date Actuals data. You start by selecting the cube required and can add any field not already in the cube. Cubes are sent to users for completion opening, creating a new workset and entering budget figures. Users can select how they enter and view data, e.g. Dept. in rows and Sales in columns. Other users can select differently. With a range of spread methods, users can work back from totals, or enter each item and period.
Using Info-Explorer for budgeting allows you to have multiple budgets, e.g. best case, worst case and mid-point. After entering budgets, the benefits of multi-dimensional analysis become apparent. Users can "slice and dice" the results, instantly seeing multiple slants on the same data by swiftly swapping columns, using filters or dragging and dropping dimensions.
Once completed, after selecting "Write Back," your budget will be quickly saved in the underlying Sage 300 database, freed from spreadsheets, re-keying and importing. Users can also share budgets with colleagues by saving their cube on a shared drive or use Orchid Process Scheduler to automatically refresh data and distribute to colleagues.
Try Info Explorer Lite..!
Try this application for yourself, iIt's free! It comes with preconfigured cubes. You can stay Lite or you can always upgrade for more cubes or to modify them. Get a first hand, up close and personal look at this program, click here for more...
Information Manager Suite links
||Click the icon (left) to view or save the Info Explorer PDF Brochure (Letter Size)
||Click the icon (left) to view or save the Info Explorer PDF Brochure (A4 Size)
"Within 2 days of purchasing Orchid Info-Explorer, every department was able to monitor the sales performance of more than 300 items to over 900 customers. We needed a system that sales reps could use easily, as well as provide the financial analytics for management to continually deliver shareholder value. Orchid Info-Explorer delivered on this...."
Customer of Acacia Business Systems,
"In the words of my client, Orchid Info-Explorer is 'a game changer.' Since implementing Info Explorer, he is able to analyze more meaningful data in Sage 300 ERP on his own.
Info-Explorer is now used in almost every department of the company with measurable results..."
Kevin Gartly, SolidBiz Solutions, Edmonton, AB, Canada
"My client loves Orchid Info-Explorer – in their words, it has them ‘purring like a kitten'..."
Mark Binkley, DataQuest, Inc, Knox, IN, USA